I’m absolutely obsessed with this entirely plant based green smoothie bowl. It’s sweet, creamy and filled with nutrients. I’ve been starting my day off with this green smoothie bowl (or something of its nature) ever since the weather got warm and I have yet to get sick of it! I’m really just diggin’ the smoothie bowl trend in general. There’s something about being able to put your smoothie in a bowl, top it with all of your favorite things and then eat it with a spoon! Now that’s what I call fun!
I tend to top my smoothie bowl with the same type of foods that I would put on top of my oatmeal or breakfast cereal. Foods such as nuts, shredded coconut, berries, cacao nibs, granola and nut butters are bound to be found atop my smoothie bowl. You would not be able to fit all of that on top of your smoothie if it was in a cup. And THAT is why the smoothie bowl is brilliant!
By the way, don’t let the color green scare you away. It’s so so delicious!!
Mmmmm it’s so creamy and delicious 🙂
Plant Based Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1¼ cup almond milk or another milk of choice
- handful of fresh leafy greens such as spinach, baby lettuces or kale
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 green apple, core removed and into smaller pieces
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- honey or stevia to sweeten
- 1 – 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on high until smooth. Taste and add more sweetener if necessary.
- Pour in a bowl (or 2 bowls if you’re sharing), top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!!