Here’s another easy no-bake dessert for you! These Coconut Macadamia Bites are half dipped in chocolate and then topped with sea salt. The combination of sweet and salty in these little bites is what makes them so heavenly.
Macadamia nuts are one of the most delicious nuts that exist (in my opinion). They have a smooth texture and a flavor almost like that of butter, especially when they’re roasted. Depending on where you live, it can be rather challenging to find unsalted raw macadamia nuts. I typically have to get mine in the bulk section at a health food co-op. I added some to my Amazon Store for those of you who don’t have easy access to them. Since a macadamia tree only yields 1/3 of other nut trees, macadamia nuts are slightly more expensive than other nuts (like almonds and peanuts). It’s totally worth every penny though. Filled with antioxidants and healthy fats, they are excellent for you! And you’ll appreciate them even more when they’re in the form of these salted coconut macadamia bites 🙂
Salted Coconut Macadamia Bites
- 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup unsalted macadamia nuts – available on my Amazon Store
- 4 medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1½ tsp. raw honey
- pinch of salt plus more for topping
- 3 oz. dark chocolate
- Add the coconut, macadamia nuts, dates, coconut oil, honey and a pinch of salt to a food processor. Blend on high until fully mixed.
- Form the mixture into balls. You can make them whatever size you prefer.
- Place the balls into the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat. Once melted, pour it into a small container that allows you to dip the bites into the chocolate.
- One by one, dip each bite into the chocolate and place on a plate.
- Move the chocolate dipped bites to the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
- Top them with sea salt and enjoy!!