Before I get to the delicious strawberry banana popsicles, I have some big news to spill! I’m sure some of you have noticed that I haven’t been posting as often as I normally do. The smells of the kitchen make me nauseous and foods that I normally love are now making my stomach turn, making it difficult to develop recipes I’m happy with! I just haven’t been myself. Why am I feeling this way? Yep, you guessed it! My husband and I are expecting a little one! I’m currently about 14 weeks pregnant 🙂 They say that the nausea and food aversions get better once the second trimester hits, so hopefully I’ll be enjoying my big plates of veggies again real soon!
Popsicles and smoothies are some foods that I have been able to eat. I decided to make my own popsicles since they’re so easy and much healthier than store bought popsicles! I wasn’t able to find any that weren’t filled with sugar or made from fruit juice concentrate. These strawberry banana popsicles are exactly what I was after. Summer isn’t over! You still have time to enjoy these in the sun!
Homemade Strawberry Banana Popsicles
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice) – you may need a little more milk for blending.
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1½ cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
Other: You will also need popsicle molds. The ones that I use are available at my Amazon Store for about $10. Click on the “accessories” tab on the left 🙂
- Place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and mix until smooth. Add a little more milk if needed.
- Distribute the mixture evenly among your popsicle molds and cover using the directions that came with your molds.
- Freeze for 4 – 6 hours or until completely frozen.
- Run warm water over the popsicle mold to remove the popsicle.