Don’t worry, I’m still here….. and I’m sharing this delicious DAIRY FREE cream cheese pie with you! As most of you know (if you follow me on instagram), I just had my baby girl a few months ago! Her name is Elin Ann Swisher (pronounced “eelin”), named after my Swedish great grandmother. Elin was born at home weighing 8 lbs. 14 oz and 21″ long. She is a chunky happy baby. My husband and I never knew we could love this much!
I’m so sorry it took me so long to post again. My taste buds changed drastically during pregnancy which made it nearly impossible to create quality recipes. I got nauseous just opening the freezer! Thankfully, my taste buds are back to normal and I am so excited to be creating recipes again! My mom is retiring on Friday so we will be working together on the blog from now on 🙂 She makes the best food so I am so excited to have her by my side on this blogging journey.
Back to this dairy free cream cheese pie. It’s so delicious! As the name implies, it is a cross between a cream pie and a cheese cake. The best part… it’s dairy free! Thanks to Kite Hill Cream Cheese, you can’t even tell. The rhubarb sauce, created by my mom, tops it off perfectly. Tis the season for rhubarb!
Dairy Free Cream Cheese Pie with Rhubarb Sauce
For the crust
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- pinch of salt
For the filling
- Two 8 oz. packages Kite Hill Cream Cheese (you can also regular cream cheese)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup lakanto or granulated sweetener of choice
For the rhubarb sauce
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- Sweetener of choice to taste
- Water for desired consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease an 8″ pie dish.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the wet ingredients for the crust (egg, coconut oil, vanilla and honey). Don’t melt the coconut oil beforehand!
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour and salt and mix until completely blended.
- Press the dough into the prepared pie dish, shaping it up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, add all of the filling ingredients to a bowl and blend using an electric mixer.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie crust and bake for 45 – 60 minutes or until the top has cracked and it’s slightly browned. The consistency will be creamy but thick. It will be a bit more firm if you use regular cream cheese.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature and then transfer to the fridge. Let it set in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- For the rhubarb sauce, add the rhubarb and strawberries to a medium saucepan with 2 Tbsp. of water. Cook on low to medium heat until the fruit breaks down. Sweeten to taste and add more water if needed.