Here they are! The Chocolate Dipped Sunbutter Hemp Bites that I featured on my instagram account last week. Sorry for teasing you all. Did I mention how excited I am to be creating recipes again?! It’s amazing to have my tastebuds back to normal after pregnancy. However, I’ve run into another challenge. My daughter is sensitive to both dairy and NUTS! At first, I didn’t think that things I ate would be affecting her through the breastmilk, but it definitely was. She has been a much happier baby since I eliminated those two things from my diet. The dairy was not too difficult to give up but the NUTS… oh my beloved nuts. If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know that I use nuts in a lot of my recipes. The blessing? This forces me to create some allergen free recipes for those who have other food sensitivities besides gluten.
These Chocolate Dipped Sunbutter Hemp Bites only require 6 ingredients (all of which can be found on my Amazon Store) and they’re so quick to mix up! I love having these on hand for a quick dessert or mid afternoon pick-me-up. If you aren’t a fan of Sunbutter and don’t need to stay away from nuts, you could easily replace the Sunbutter with almond butter, cashew butter or peanut butter!
Chocolate Dipped Sunbutter Hemp Bites
- 3 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Sunbutter (or a nut butter of your choice)
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- Stevia or honey to taste (I used about 9 drops of liquid stevia)
- 1 to 2 ounces of dark chocolate
Note: All of these ingredients can be found at my Amazon Store if you don’t have them on hand.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt coconut butter, coconut oil and Sunbutter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the hemp seeds and stevia.
- Pour the mixture into desired molds. If you don’t have molds, you can pour it into a loaf pan and cut it into bars once it’s set.
- Place in the freezer for at least an hour. However, longer is better since you’re going to be dipping them in chocolate.
- Once the bites are frozen, melt the chocolate over very low heat.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and dip each hemp bite into the melted chocolate.
- Place the chocolate dipped bites into the fridge until they set.
- Enjoy! Store them in the fridge for best texture and consistency.